Monday, April 2, 2007

session 8

Thank you... I had fear as a kid trying to make bibliographies!! My teachers made sure everything was correct and you lost points if they were not. I am really glad that I show my kids a new way to this. Although....in today's class, the kids asked if their brain was a source. I find that they really do not see the big picture. They had to have gotten their info from somewhere??? Somehow. I have also seen me listed as a source. I did not realize that I was published.
I also appreciate the time to work on the project.

Thanks and see you next week!

2 comments:

skoelker said...

Good to talk with kids about "common knowledge" - anything most people already know doesn't have to be cited, of course. If it's in their brains, they don't have to cite. It would be great if MORE stuff was in their brains, eh?? :)


spk
><>

Wendy said...

They believe they know the info, but I want to teach them to research a topic they may know, but find supporting information.